Monday, May 26, 2008

White Peonies


Today I discovered that white peonies not only smell different than the pink or red ones; they are also well worth bending over and perhaps even injuring your back on the way to inhale their delicate perfume.
Trying to describe it, all I can say is that white peonies smell like lily of the valley with a hint of carnation and an even tinier hint of rose. Beautiful is an understatement. The scent was so heavenly I had to keep my nose buried in the cellophane-wrapped bouquet all the way home, ignoring the staring faces of passersby who probably wondered why there's an astronaut walking up Robson Strasse.



Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At May 30, 2008 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh -- I must try to find some white peonies!! Here in New Hampshire, my light pink and darker pink bushes are filled with buds just waiting to burst into their beauty!!! As the lilacs fade away ...the peonies will have their turn to be adored. xoxo

 
At June 05, 2008 11:13 AM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Pavlova, the dark pink peonies in my garden have bloomed and unfortunately they smell terrible. Not like any other fragrant peony I've encountered. They smell like a marsh. I suppose I will have to look for fragrant ones in other gardens to enjoy the smell.
The lilacs are still in full bloom here. They are stunning in their delicate whispers.

 
At October 13, 2015 8:16 AM, Blogger Eagle Forum KC said...

I have a white double with deep crimson flares and it smells heavenly! I think it is a "Fiesta" but not certain. That said, a neighbor has about 9 varieties of peony of various colors and they all STINK! I couldn't believe how bad they smelled. Yuck. So I'm on the lookout for a pretty pink or coral one that smells GOOD. Anyone know if Coral Charm smells good, bad, or not at all?

 
At May 28, 2018 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've recently heard the coral charm has a mothball type smell, so not great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home